You can minimize the impact of rising health insurance deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses by making the most of the care you receive. As a freestanding, non-hospital affiliated sleep center, Ohio Sleep Medicine Insitute offers significants cost-saving benefits for patients:
• Our in-lab procedure charges are on average half the cost as other entities affiliated with a hospital system because we have a lower facility fee and we include the professional fee in the global charge.
• Our physicians recommend testing only when necessary. Overuse of unnecessary or duplicating procedures overburdens the health care system with costs ultimately passed down to patients.
• Our quality of care and patient education promotes adherence with therapy, a key measure to disease prevention and management. For instance, most of our patients with sleep apnea adhere to CPAP or other alternative forms of therapy. As a result, not only do they sleep and feel better, they also significantly reduce their health risks for heart attacks, strokes, and other adverse events.
• Our institute advocates prevention combined with coordinated care. Regular communication with referrring physicians or primary care providers enhances continuity of care to better serve patients' needs and improve outcomes.
• Our institute works with all durable medical equipment companies and other health professionals to facilitate treatment options in the best financial and geographical interest of the patient.
We encourage you to consider what our center has to offer in terms of quality, cost, effectiveness and reputation. Our institute is in network with most insurance providers in Central Ohio.